Conference Travel Options
Gartmore House is located approximately 30 miles north of Glasgow on the A81 to Aberfoyle.
There are a variety of ways to travel to the conference. These fall into two categories: those with a car and those without.
Options with a Car
There are 3 crossings from Northern Ireland to Scotland during the month of July.
• Belfast - Cairnryan with Stena line
• Larne - Cairnryan with P&O
• Larne - Troon with P&O
There are a number of ways of obtaining reduced prices for the ferry crossing. The best we have seen to date is offered by Tesco clubcard. You can convert your clubcard vouchers to travel vouchers to get a reduction on the ferry cost. A £1 clubcard voucher is converted to £3 of travel vouchers. Thus if you have saved £60 of clubcard vouchers you can receive £180 of travel vouchers to reduce the price you pay for the ferry crossing. To use this offer you obviously need to shop at Tesco's and save your clubcard vouchers. To convert the clubcard vouchers, that are posted to you on a quarterly basis, you have to enter the code on the voucher to the Tesco's clubcard website. www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/ You then select travel and follow the on screen instructions.
From Glasgow - On the M8 take junction 16 for A81 to Aberfoyle. This will take you out of the City centre via Milngavie and Strathblane towards Aberfoyle. Continue past the sign for Gartmore village, Gartmore house is on the left.
From Stirling - On the M9 take junction 10 for A84 towards Callander. After the Safari park, take A873 to Aberfoyle. At the Rob Roy Motel roundabout turn left onto the A81 towards Glasgow. Continue past the sign for Gartmore village, Gartmore House is on the right.
For SatNav - Postcode for Gartmore House: FK8 3RS
Options without a car
There are 4 main ways to travel to the conference if you do not have or want to take you car.
• Arrange to get a lift with someone who is taking a car.
• Fly to Glasgow international airport or Glasgow Prestwick airport
• Take Stena line's Rail and Sail link to Glasgow
• Take Cityline's sail and bus link to Glasgow
• Easyjet fly from Belfast international airport to Glasgow international airport.
• Flybe fly from Belfast international airport to Glasgow international airport.
• Ryanair fly from Derry city airport to Glasgow Prestwick airport.
• Bus transfers from Glasgow international airport to Glasgow Buchanan street station are available every 10 mins with the First 500 Glasgow shuttle.
• Glasgow Prestwick Airport is served by Stagecoach Western Express Service X77 service to/from Glasgow Buchanan Street Station, this is a direct service which stops outside the airport concourse.
Rail & Sail or Sail & Bus
• Stena line has a sail & rail link to Glasgow Buchanan street station. There are currently 2 travel times available per day and costs approximately £58 per person return. www.stenaline.co.uk/ferry/rail-and-sail/
• Citylink have a bus and sail link to Glasgow Buchanan street station. There are also 2 travel times available per day and cost approximately £56 per person return. www.citylink.co.uk
Travel from Glasgow Buchanan Street station
The conference committee will be arranging a bus between Glasgow's Buchanan Street Station and Gartmore House on both 19th and 26th July 2014. The return price will be dependent on the number of conferencees using the bus, but the approximate price should be about than £30 return. Times are as follows:
• Saturday 19th July: Depart Glasgow Buchanan Street Station at 3.30pm Arrive Gartmore House approximately 4.30pm
• Saturday 26th July: Depart Gartmore House at 9.30am Arrive Glasgow Buchanan Street Station approximately 10.30am.
Note: You need to book your seat on these buses in advance.